The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

today's Cul de Sac, October 3 2010

Petey hasn't tried to chew his arm off in way too long. Somebody's got to pick up the slack.

Once again things end up in Petey's room. I must be getting lazy. The real lazy part of this is that I did one rough for the five sofa panels and just varied the poses. Which is also the part of the strip I'm happiest with, the small gestures, body language and minimalist acting that gives intensity to Alice's building frustration. And makes it funnier, I hope. The dialog is pretty much a transcription of a conversation I have about three times a week, and with about as much resolution.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Brilliant! Alice chewing her arm made me laugh out loud. Wasn't expecting that.

Rico said...

My parents used to do that... that is why I have only one arm left. (okay, not really)

Cathy Heagy said...

I have a friend who does this..."Oh, it's what's her name, you know from that movie..." while her daughter rolls her eyes.